- Introduction to IoT
- What to consider when you develop in the IoT domain
- Applications for IoT
- Types of devices
- Hands-on with a real IoT device (students have to bring their laptop where their favorite developer tools are installed)
- IoT Platforms and IoT messaging protocol(s)
- Who takes the most advantage out of IoT devices?
- How the IoT journey will continue
Language: German, English
Structure: Presentation, exercises with laptops
Required Skills: Bachelor, programming skills in Java, basic frontend
Required Equipment: Laptop required and a development environment like Eclipse
Maximal number of participants: 20
Patrizia Gufler is a passionate IoT software developer. She worked for several years at IBM R&D in the Watson IoT platform development team. During her IBM carrer she developed several IoT demos and presented them at different fairs like CES, IFA and Cebit. She participated, mentored and organized several hackathons worldwide. She did her master studies in Computer Science at University of Innsbruck.